Pages

22.3.14

Birthday Celebrations

18 years old. She is 18 years old. Wow... Where have those years gone?! Today is my little sisters (Katie) 18th Birthday. I love birthdays, I think I actually prefer celebrating other peoples than my own, they are simply great. 



While enjoying the flowing champagne and good conversation I do miss those brilliant Birthday parties from the 90’s. The times of dressing up as Peter Pan and turning up to a friends birthday which was usually a disco run by someone called Dave. Blasting out the dulcet tones of S-Club 7, The Ketchup song and of course; The Cha-Cha Slide. Or for the hardcore party goers: Laser Quest (Running around a big dark room with laser guns trying to shoot people on the opposite team). With the teenage cheek I managed to be one up on the enemy during Laser Quest as I would cover the sensor on the ‘body armor’ so I would never die (sorry guys). 



But the best moment of those parties were... Party Bags. It isn’t even your birthday and you get given a bag of treats to take home with you. Win win situation. What could be better than some sherbet filled flying saucers, a Drumstick and a Yo-Yo? Those were the days. I would love to see the reaction on my friends faces now if after one of my birthday parties I gave out birthday bags... I might try this, just to show you. I’m sure they would love it!



With a house full of lovely people, lovely food in the oven and champagne in hand perhaps I will forgive my sister for the lacking party bag situation. 



Happy Birthday Katie!


Cheers x

5 comments:

  1. Wonderful post...I like your blog.^^
    Maybe follow each other on bloglovin?
    Let me know follow you then back.
    Lovely greets Nessa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Vanessa. Thank you :) I followed on bloglovin x

      Delete
  2. Thank you so much for the follow.
    Follow you back on bloglovin.
    Btw,I'm also on Instagram,maybe you like my account?
    Lovely greets from germany ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww, S Club 7! I very recently put my husband's copy of their album in a charity bag... he swears someone bought it for him as a joke... yet he kept it all this time ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. S-Club 7! Music at its finest - used to love them (who didn't?). Top man! x

      Delete


 photo copyright.jpg
envye template.